Saturday, July 28, 2007

FARG!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Michael and the other guys over at Popcorn and Sticky Floors for an accurate summary of exactly why Sweden rocks, and some choice posters to boot! Us native speakers don't think about it, but there are some pretty odd-sounding words in the Swedish language - or as Posteroid put it: "RAGGARE! Sounds like a battle cry..." Another useful word, first picked up by Mrs. Bigfatass over at NSFGE, is of course "FARG". Farg (or actually "färg" with an umlaut) simply means "color", something which was apparently a draw for cinemagoers as late as the mid-70's. Check out thes FARG-tastic wonders for a sampling of what FARG really means!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the posters and blog. Mr. Greenwood certainly puts in a nice plug for Sweden, and I couldn't agree with the sentiment more, but I've heard wonderful things about Norway as well. Now can you tell me why Norway wouldn't be a better Scandinavian destination than Sweden?

Lars Erik said...

Thanks! Now Norway may be all nice and fjordy but how many scandalous Italian mondo films can you name that feature Norway? How many movie posters where "Norwegian housewives" are the main draw? How many Norwegian actresses who made a career in 70's Italian and German exploitation films? Very few, I would think - Sweden wins hands down! But I do have some good Norway-related posters, maybe one day I'll show them...

Michael said...

I understand Martin's desires but I'll echo Lars Erik's sentiments here since it is Sweden that taught us how to love, physically, without the guilt that we were so used to. They are an advanced race where love and looks are concerned and I don't care how racist that sounds. I am sure Norway is a lovely place but they probably got everything hot from the Swedes! Plus, I love the farg! The second and third posters are totally mindblowing!