Monday, December 31, 2007

Rumble Monster Dooms Erostika!

As promised, here are some posters by Rockin' Jelly Bean that I picked up at Erostika in Harajuku, Tokyo! (for full story, click here) The posters are beautifully printed and signed, in limited editions of 500 or less. I only regret one thing: that I did not buy ALL the posters in the store!

These two are my favorites, perhaps because they look like movie posters. But if these were real movies, they would be the greatest movies ever made - a bizarre mix of grindhouse / kaiju / explotiation / race car sleaze, all crashing together in Rockin' Jelly Bean's deranged mind!



I also love this series of 3 matching "Barbarockets"



Erostika also does big business in T-shirt featuring Rockin' Jelly Bean designs. I picked up this one, riffing off Japan's unique Sukeban (girl gang boss) and Sasori (female prison) genres.


Talking of Sasori, I'll finish with a T-shirt from Hardcore Chocolate in Shimokitazawa, another shop well worth visiting if you find yourself in Tokyo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging from the style of the above pics, these guys designed an actual movie poster for the Japanese release of a fairly recent Italian horror movie, the name of which escapes me now.
When I can remember it again, I'll post the title here.

Lars Erik said...

That sounds very cool! They also do a lot of concert posters for Japanese and international bands, and for car exhibitions.

Anonymous said...

I think it was CREATURES FROM THE ABBYSS that had a poster in that style. The movie had a very, very small theatrical release and material is hard to come by. I only have a chirashi somewhere, never seen a B2...maybe there was never one printed.

Lars Erik said...

Interesting, you should send me an image & I'll post it. Also, I have figured out what the two Rumble posters are: anniversary posters for the Erostika store tied in with new toy releases by designer toy artis The Rumble Monster! Now if only someone could give me the 1st anniversary poster...

Posteroid said...

Will do that, but it will take a while. I only moved into the new apartment four weeks ago; it is still a mess with the collection pretty much all over the place. You can come visit and help me get everything in order....beer is on me!