Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Blogger Travels Around Japan

I will be in Tokyo next week (November 18-23), and even though it's mostly work I hope to check out one or two of the major poster haunts - good old Nakano Broadway in particular. I will also attend a concert at Shimokitazawa SHELTER with The Wimpy's, Faceful, Supersnazz and the mighty Stems from Australia! If you are in Tokyo and want to meet up for a meal at Watami, a beer in Golden Gai, or a trawl through DVD shops in Akihabara, get in touch.

When it comes to Japanese posters, I mostly collect gangster and girl-gang posters from the 60's and early 70's, but most of them are not properly photographed yet. Instead I'll show two of my favorite recent Japanese posters, for Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Amelie from Montmartre and Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away - both bought during previous Tokyo trips!


2 comments:

Michael said...

Have a great time, Lars Erik! Don't forget to get gifts for those you truly care for.

Lars Erik said...

Of course. All gifts will be mailed to:

Michael
The Popcorn Blog
Canada

It might take a while before you get the package but don't despair!